Thursday, July 7, 2011

Final Tech Blog

I did not know the many ways technology could be used in the classroom before taking this class.  I knew most students, particularly at the college level and higher, were attached to their computers for research and writing purposes, but I had no idea how useful tech is in the earlier grades.  There are so many wonderful ways to use technology for research, writing, organization and perhaps most importantly communication and collaboration.  I think it is great that students and teachers from around the world can work together and share information and ideas.  This communication makes the world a more friendly global environment.

I think the blog, wiki and smart notebook project were all helpful and worthwhile projects.  The diigo is helpful and I do want to use this more in the future.  The video was fun to make, and interesting to edit, but I am not sure I will use this technology much going forward.

I am certainly much more comfortable with technology now than six weeks ago, but have a LONG way to go.  I am confident that there will plenty of help along the way; from my peers, children, and students.

No comments:

Post a Comment