Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Peer Blogs

I see that many of my peers enjoy using google docs and google reader.  They are great tools with which to organize material and communicate efficiently.  Many people intend to use wikis in the classroom, and I have also seen the idea of creating web pages for the classroom or a particular historical  or literary figure.

I like Sarah's idea of having the students blog in their language arts or English classes.  This is a great way to develop writing skills, and a safe way to express ideas.  I  would imagine that most students would be quite creative, and may be inspired to push themselves towards better writing skills in order to impress potential followers.  Also, I have heard that it is important to establish a positive online presence for potential schools and/or employers to refer to.  Blogging is a good way to start.

References
Pierz, S. (2011).  Language arts in action.  retrieved 07/05/11 from http://spierzl.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment